Fire razes mile 12 market Lagos.

A fire outbreak has occurred in the popular mile 12 Lagos razing about  3 shops and destroying lots of goods and properties worth millions of naira.

The fire reportedly began in the early hours of Thursday was caused by an electrical surge as about 5.30a.m.

The affected part of the market is the area designated for sellers of rice and frozen items.

The Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA) said the fire outbreak emanated from one of the shops.

An eyewitness who spoke with Premium times said that the fire started immediately the electricity company restored power in the neighbourhood.

“It was due to the negligence of the traders. They are used to not putting off all sockets at the close of the day and they won’t buy original socket that will automatically put itself on and off or regulate electricity,” the trader said.

The fire was put out by the LASEMA Response team and men of the Lagos State Fire Service.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *